Sunday, December 7, 2008

I've Been Busy

The past few days have been extremely busy with always something to do or going on. Wednesday Jonny had an appt at the new Dr's office (the child Phycho Dr). Well we went to go school to pick him up and when we get to the office, we had a little surprise that his appt was cancelled but no one called me to inform me of this. I was quite ticked off. His apt now is Monday at 11:00 and the evaluation is 2 hours long. I hope she does something to help Jonny sleep better at nights, this is nuts! Joe get up with him around 3:00 am until like 7-7:30 than wakes me up to be with him and Joe goes back to sleep for awhile, it is just insane!

Thursday I had to go to the hospital for the pre-admission blood work and all the questions of this and that. They took 5 viles of blood and after that I had to get an EKG because I am a smoker. That in itself was 2 and 1/2 hours long.

Friday I get a call saying I need to come back to the hospital to get the blood work taken all over again because there was blood clots in the tubes. WTF!!!! She said this was no one's fault and it happens frequently... Hmm I doubt that and I blame the nurse for this one. She didn't spin it right or something.

Friday night was my candle party. We had a blast. We went through all the candles that were made which was 38 different ones and than the ones in the bottles which was like 50, LOL. I am so immuned to these scents so Ismell them differently I think, LOL. It was a success considering there was only 8 girls there but we had a blast with the wine, LOL., I got home at 2:30 a.m. still feeling that buzz feeling, LOL

Saturday Jonny's therapist came for 2 hours and talked to me about moving Jonny out of the school district possibly if they cannot come up with something to help this child and how they can control him. This is their job, they went to college on this so they of all people should know how to control an autistic child. It pisses me off!!!

Today is Sunday and I am hoping to get to the stores and get some more Christmas gifts for the kids and some outside lights. I have like 6 bushes I want lights in so I must do this but I am not sure if Joe has band so it all depends on that. I cannot take Jonny to the store when it it Christmas time, he is deathly afraid of the Christmas animations and thins so him going with me in nearly impossible. Maybe I can take him and bribe with him with McDonald's Chicken nuggets and fries, LOL

I snowed last night, flurries were just slowly coming down. It looks so pretty but I hate the shit! It makes it feel like Christmas but i still hate it, LOL. I hate the cold weather too, it hurts the bones in my legs.

Ok.. I think that is it for now. I might be back later and read more blogs, I still need to wake up here a bt, LOL

XOXO

3 comments:

Bridgett said...

First of all, it's NOT common for blood to clot off in tubes unless they're using the wrong tubes. Most tubes have a blood thinner added to them to prevent that very thing from happening...so I don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Five vials is a lot of blood! I wouldn't have been happy either.

So it sounds like the school district is abandoning you too, eh?

Assholes.

I'm lucky. I have a fantastic school district who's well trained with autistic kids. Most schools aren't so dedicated though and they let our kids slide through the cracks.

Although I recommend starting the diet first...why not start Jonny on some digestive enzymes and probiotics? That would be a great first step. Might help him sleep better too as most autistic kids who don't sleep do so because they're eating foods that make them feel sick and their stomach's hurt when they lay down. Just a thought.

Have fun shopping!

XOXO

Brandi said...

Um, thank you Bridgett cause I was just about to say the saaame thing! The only time they had problem with my blood in the hospital was because they took it out of my IV and didn't drain the dirty blood before hand.

I hate that they are not being fair with Jonny, I think a school that is TRAINED to take care of autistic children should learn a wee bit more patients.

I'm excited your candle party went well. : )

I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE snow. I don't care how pretty it is. I hate the shit. After six months on the ground it's black and nasty. AND COLD. I'll take my Texas snow-less Christmas any day. : )

Huuuugs

Leslie said...

Hi hun, good to see an entry. I
was wondering how you are doing hun. I really am praying for Jonny hun and that his doc will help him in someway. Update us on that when its all done and let us know how it goes please ;) Thats is nuts that u and Joe takes turns, pretty much getting no sleep and not a full nights rest. That must be tough for u all. Thats crazy how long those tests took and the blood work. u poor thing. Thats crazy u had to go back and do that agian. I would have been pissed too. Im so glad ur candle party went great though. Go you. Good for you to have a great time and get a bit tipsy ;) I dont blame u for being pissed off at all at the school district. Thats not right. Its bs there thinking of moving Jonny out of the district. Hun im so sorry. I hope ur Xmas shopping went good today. That u got all there lights and u all were able to decorate. I can imagine its freakin freezing where u are. U all need to move to fl lol. Its beautiful here. A bit cool though. Im glad we on have to deal with snow. But for this time of yr i wish it snowed a bit i do, lol. Take care hun. Have a good night. ttys. Love yah, Leslie