Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day

To all that served for this country! You all well deserve more than what you get and than some! I have to be honest, I don't think I could join the military and go to war and do what the vets do so I applaud you and thank you for everything you have done for this country although i don't think we should still be in Iraq but... thank you to all the VETERANS!!

Today is not such a good day for me and Jonny. Jonny was flipping out because he wanted to go outside at 9:00 this morning. It was too cold and I wanted to clean up my house somewhat before I took him to ride his new bike his Grandmother just bought yesterday. Dottie (mother in law) bought all 3 kids new bikes yesterday, they are really nice. I will have to take some pics of them when they get home. Anyway, Jonny was flipping out, throwing things, dumping his drink on the floor and couch (which is white), screaming, kicking and crying. Nothing can calm him down and I cannot just give into to him every time he wants something because than he will know that he can have a meltdown and get what he wants. I more or less punish myself for this but I have to do it, it is the right thing to do. He can't always get wha he wants all the time.
After I cleaned up I took him outside like he wanted since 9 am and took him on his bike. He didn't want that after 20 mins. He wanted to go on the swing. Ok let's go on the swingset and play. He started to get upset saying SpongeBob. I brought him in and he has been fine since than but it has only been an hour. It is hard to do anything when Joe is at school. I needed to make some candles today and I can't do tha until Jow gets home because every 5 minutes he wants somthing or is getting into something and I cannot walk away from boiling hot wax.

Sometimes I just feel like I cannot handle the meltdowns. I don't know what to do with them when he does it and he is very strong. It is very hard to calm him down when this occurs. I can't imagine notbeing ablw to talk to tell anyone wha i want or what I am thinking and etc... It sucks and it breaks my heart. Jonny can only say a few select words but can repeat what you say but it kills me when he wants something and I don't know what it is =(

Joe should be home by 1:00 I am hoping,I wanna take a nap. I have like the biggest headache in the world.

Hope you are all having a good Tuesday@

Love,'Tree

3 comments:

Bridgett said...

Sorry you're having a rough day. :(

I remember those meltdowns...thankfully, they're few and far between now with Parker. But there was a time when life was hell. So I feel for ya, sista-friend.

Hang in there...

Leslie said...

Hey hunny, *hugs* Im just praying your day got better. I really feel you venting it all out in here or to us i can imagine helps a bit. Im just so sorry about Jonny & his meltdowns. I wish i had better words to say and good advice. all I can tell you is im praying for him and you. Cause i know its really killing you with seeing him do that and you dont know what to do for him. If u ever need to talk more & vent anytime im here for yah babes. I hope you get to maybe rest & laydown later. Hopefully u will get to work on ur candles too.
Hang in there hunny. Have a good rest of day xoxo, Leslie

Brandi said...

:( Hugs I hope your day got better.