Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm A Bad Parent

I guess I am a bad mother or as I was told today in so many words. Alyssa was out with her friends at their house, Joey was at a B-day party and Jonny and I were watching Shrek in his room laying on the bed. Nex thing you know he is sleeping so I dozed off along with him. Low and behold he woke up and I didn't feel him get up and he came downstairs (with my parents in the living room) and decided he was going to play with our pet turtle squirt and play in the water. I hear my name being called, I get up and my Mother is screaming at me, "Your his Mother". There was water all over, a pebbles here and there, my desk had water on it, my chair, the fireplace and the around he tank. Well I bust out laughing and saying OH MY GOD! I never never never do that but it just so happened that today I was overly tired I guess and dozed pretty pretty fast and didn't feel him get up.

I AM A HORRIBLE MOTHER!!!!!

Well Joe's Mom (my mother in law and her sister) helped me clean it all up as we were chuckling about it because Jonny don't know right from wrong and it was kinda funny, LOL. My mother in law's sister said to me... What kind of Grandmother is your Mom that she didn't hear this going on and see what was happening or check on him. I was like oh no, she just did not say that! LOL

I swear to ya I never sleep when Jonny is awake, this is a first and I do have to admit that if this happened to Joe I would have flipped out on him but when Joe got home I told him gntly what happened. He was ok with it. He was not mad but he did say, ya know if I did this you would have flipped. He's right, I would have but here is another thing I was saying. What is the difference from me dozing for a few minutes and that is what it was, literally a few minutes than cleaning the rooms while he was down here watching SpongeBob or supposed to be watching SpongeBob? It could have happened when I was cleaning or hanging clothes. I do everything around here so I am exhausted and the candle business is popping so I am exhausted from home issues to a business. Exhausted mentally and physically but I seriously think there is something wrong with me. I could sleep for 12 hours straight and still feel like I never slept a wink. I am ALWAYS so tired and I drink alot of caffeine such as coffee and pepsi. Why am I so tired?

Anyway... that was my day today! I am a bad mother and now I am being ignored by my Mother because of this. Hmmm.... Everyone makes mistakes and it;s not like he was here alone although I do admit it was wrong, there were 2 grandparents here in the next room.

Grrrrr

2 comments:

- said...

Do you know HOW many times I've done that myself? Every mom does it.
We are moms but we are also human!

I think it's hilarious that you started laughing.

Bridgett said...

I'm having a hard time understanding why this was such a big deal for your mom?

It's just water. LOL

And Tree...you're not a bad mom. WE'VE ALL BEEN THERE.

XXOO